Material Bank, a division of SANDOW, is a disruptive technology and logistics company that helps designers and trade professionals with sourcing materials and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through thousands of products from leading manufacturers and request samples all within a single site. As members source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with manufacturers—ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
Material Bank is seeking an Associate Operations Manager for an immediate opening in Memphis, TN. In this role, you will manage a team in receiving, put away, replenishment, picking, packing and shipping of inventoried goods as they pass through the distribution center. The successful candidate must have a strong leadership presence, possess the ability to manage many processes at one time and be someone who enjoys a challenge.
What you'll do
- Oversee and provide direction to a small group of Team Leads and a mid-size, highly effective workforce
- Ensure operations run at maximum efficiency and accuracy to achieve KPIs
- Lead a complex receiving in-bound function
- Participate in inventory management, oversight and coordination
- Prioritize team activities and problem solve daily challenges
- Evaluate, train and assist in ongoing development of team members
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience working in distribution, supply chain or a related field
- 3+ years experience working in a management role
- Energetic and strong leadership skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Fast learning capabilities to perform complex and time sensitive tasks as needed
- Ability to work nonstandard hours that are subject to change
- Persistent and proactive with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy Material ConneXion and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corp. to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.