If you believe that the only thing better than working for a great company is getting in on the ground floor of a great company, then keep reading. Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design, and we are changing the way A&D specifiers get their work done. Through our services platform designers can discover, research and order material samples from millions of options across hundreds of leading brands.
As we launch Material Bank in major markets across the country, we are looking for motivated, passionate individuals to join our team. We are growing rapidly with big ambitions so we want people with big ambitions.
Our Customer Service team is a committed group of high energy individuals who are passionate about ensuring the highest level of satisfaction for our designers. If this sounds like your kind of gig, we’d love to hear from you.
- Provide exceptional email and chat-based customer experiences
- Provide clear and concise phone-based customer experiences, on a limited basis
- Conduct follow-up and out-reach to customers whom you have built relationships with
- Be cool and collective while maintaining a high sense of urgency, with the goal of “rapid-response”
- Apply logical problem-solving skills to trouble-shooting support needs
- Maintain a compassionate “customer service” mindset
- Enter support notes into various software programs
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- A keen sense of attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritization multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner
- Self-directed individual
- Availability to work various shifts a plus
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading design content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design industry. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material Connexion, game-changing material sampling and logistics platform, Material Bank, and materials reclamation program, Sample Loop. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab, experiential platform, Creative House (2019), and iconic retailer, Fred Segal. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator or NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.