Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. The platform provides users with the ability to review and order product samples across leading brands, all from a single location. As users source and specify through Material Bank’s sophisticated search and discovery tools, the platform connects them with the brands, ultimately driving purchasing decisions.
It all starts with our uniquely robust and powerful product catalog. As part of our experienced and collaborative data team, you will participate in building and maintaining the world’s largest product catalog focused on the A&D community. The ideal candidate will have a strong e-commerce background with experience updating and maintaining complex and large product catalogs. As a function of this, it is critical that you are comfortable navigating, normalizing and organizing large data sets. This role requires an individual who is extremely detail-oriented, strategic in his or her approach, and comfortable with change in a dynamic work environment.
- Create and manage product listings within product information databases
- Regularly import/export and synchronize data from multiple systems with accuracy
- Seek, assess and resolve inconsistencies across large data sets
- Participate in the development of effective merchandising strategies
- Interface and be a proactive liaison with our vendors and partners
- Identify and drive ways to continuously improve upon production processes
- 5+ years in e-commerce, technology and operations
- 3+ years’ experience with online catalogs that involve large, structured data sets
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Ability to quickly learn new software, services and systems
- Knowledge of online product merchandising and SEO
- Ability to work well and collaborate with a broad and diverse team
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading design content, tools and services powe innovation for the design industry. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy Material Connexion, game-changing material sampling and logistics platform Material Bank and materials reclamation program Sample Loop. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm ThinkLab, experiential platform Creative House (2019) and iconic retailer Fred Segal. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development to become the official operator NYCxDESIGN beginning in 2020.