Material Bank a new business unit within SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design, is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. If being a part of building a game changing, new business within an established parent company excites you, take a look at what Material Bank has to offer.
Material Bank is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Operating Officer in its South Florida Office. In this critical role, the EA will be responsible for providing a high-level of administrative and operational support. The ideal candidate must have exceptional communication and coordination skills. We are looking for an individual with a “pro-active mindset” and a “team-oriented” personality. This position is unique in that the EA will be actively involved in many of the dynamic growth initiatives that are taking place throughout the company.
- Communication: Act as the main point of contact for the Chief Operating Officer internally and externally; build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and vendors.
- Coordination: Intake, prioritize and monitor progress of a high volume of requests spanning various company activities.
- Project management: Schedule meetings, push projects forward, track progress, provide status updates, and assess results after completion.
- Administration: Perform advanced administrative duties, including: coordinating travel, managing Outlook calendar, managing expense reports, and vendor management.
- 5+ years of experience as an executive assistant in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the business and corporate departments independently
- Strong organizational and project management skills; able to multi-task with ease, and work well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, with the ability to learn new programs as necessary
- Highly motivated, positive, professional, friendly, and team-oriented attitude
- Operates with high accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Good common sense and impeccable discretion regarding sensitive matters
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design and luxury industries. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material Connexion, game-changing material sampling and logistics platform, Material Bank, and materials reclamation program, Sample Loop. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.