Material Bank is a new business unit within SANDOW, a leader in innovation and design that is setting out to change the way A&D specifiers get their work done. The platform provides users with the ability to review and order product samples across leading brands, all from a single location. As users source and specify through Material Bank’s sophisticated search and discovery tools, the platform connects them with the brands, ultimately driving purchasing decisions.
- Developing new user facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for multiple assets
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing existing components for maximum performance across a wide array of devices
- Adherence to style guides for readable/maintainable code (ie. AirBNB React/JSX Guide)
- Experience with React.js and its core principles
- Experience with data structure libraries
- Comfortable with popular React.js workflows like Flux or Redux
- Comfortable with linters to make code easier to review
- Familiarity with testing tools like Jest or React Testing Library
- Familiarity with the ES6 spec and newer
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Comfortable with RESTful APIs and CORS
- Comfortable with authentication methods such as JWT or bearer tokens
- Comfortable with GIT source control (cli, GitKraken or SourceTree)
- A passion for benchmarking and optimization, performance is a feature!
- Familiarity with Atlassian Software development and collaboration tools is a plus (primarily Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Knowledge of React Native is a Big plus
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur Adam Sandow in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform that includes leading design content, tools, and services, powering innovation for the design industry. Its diverse portfolio of media assets includes Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material Connexion, game-changing material sampling and logistics platform, Material Bank, and materials reclamation program, Sample Loop. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab, experiential platform, Creative House (2019), and iconic retailer, Fred Segal. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Council of New York to become the official operator or NYCxDESIGN Week, beginning in 2020.