Material Bank, a division of SANDOW, is a disruptive technology and data company that helps designers and trade professionals with sourcing materials and architectural products. The platform provides users the ability to search through thousands of products from leading manufacturers and request samples all within a single site. As members source and make selections through Material Bank’s sophisticated tools, the platform connects them directly with manufacturers—ultimately driving their purchasing decisions.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will design and implement automated and exploratory tests, with the goal of debugging and approving various software assets prior to launch. Product quality, performance and reliability are of paramount importance. We are looking for a true team player who is willing to take on the challenge in a fast-growing startup with a complex and highly customized stack.
What you’ll do
- Write, execute and monitor automated test suites
- Identify bugs, isolate, and perform thorough testing and investigations
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Enhance user experience by ensuring interface consistency and functionality
- Provide timely and meaningful feedback to engineering and operating teams
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Document test cases, process flows, and user stories
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry trends and advancements
What you’ll bring
- Extensive experience in automated software development testing
- Experience in Selenium, JestJS or Mocha Testing Frameworks
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of PHP and NodeJS preferred
- Knowledge of Atlassian collaborations tools preferred (Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket primarily)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
SANDOW was founded by visionary entrepreneur, Adam Sandow, in 2003 with the goal of building a truly innovative media company that would reinvent the traditional publishing model. Today, SANDOW is a fully integrated solutions platform powering innovation for the design and luxury industries.
Its diverse portfolio of design media and technology companies include Interior Design, Luxe Interiors + Design, Metropolis, Galerie, and NewBeauty. Materials Innovation brands include global materials consultancy, Material ConneXion, and game-changing material sampling, logistics and sustainability platform, Material Bank. SANDOW brands also include research and strategy firm, ThinkLab. In 2019, SANDOW was selected by the New York Economic Development Corporation to become the official operator of NYCxDESIGN, beginning in 2020.